The estimated cost for the trip is £650-£750 per person based on prices obtained over the summer for travel in 2016.
Once we begin booking elements everyone will be committed to the costs. What is unacceptable is for people to drop out and the impact is increased costs for others who are left going on the trip.
Included in the cost...
- Flights to/from Aberdeen with SAS/Wideroe
- A superior two bedroom cabin at Eliassen Rorbuer
- Car hire with Avis (Estate car)
Not included in the cost...
- Fuel to/from Aberdeen Airport and airport car parking
- Hotel near Aberdeen Airport for the Thursday night (£20-£30 per person)
- Fuel for hire car in Norway
- All food and drink
- Any additional excursions
- Travel insurance – essential everyone has this
The car hire and accommodation are based on 4 people sharing a car and a 2 bedroom cabin and was priced in October 2015 for January 2016. The flights were priced in Summer 2015 for travel in January 2016. It would be prudent to allow for some cost increase.
What happens if more or less members go?
The costs vary depending on the number of members going as this impacts the number of cars required (max 4 per car) and the number of cabins need (3, 4 or 5 people sharing).
As an indication I've prepared the table below which assumes £350 per person for flights and £500 per car. For accommodation it ranges from c. £155 to £210 per person depending on cabin size and assumes 12 NOK to the £.