I've read a number of 'equipment lists' for other photographers I decided to add a section to my site outlining some of the equipment I use.
If you have any questions in respect of anything below then please feel free to contact me and I will be only too pleased to help you where I can.
Camera & Lenses
- Nikon D610 - I considered the D610, D750 and a 2nd hand D810 but managed to pick up a Nikon refurbished D610.
- Nikon 20mm F1.8 - a lovely lens although I need to use it more.
- Sigma 35mm F1.4 ART - I use this lens the bulk of the time and delighted with the results so far.
- Nikon 70-200mm F4 - a new addition (Sept-16) to my set up and looking forward to trying it out.
- Nikon 24-85mm F3.5-F4.5 - purchased second hand, rarely used, good back up to have.
- Gitzo Systematic 3542XLS
- Kirk BH-1
- Kirk L-Bracket - one of the best investments I made.
- Velbon Ultra 655 (legs)
- Giotto Ballhead
- The Green Pod - excellent where tripods are not permitted. I've written a review here.
- Formatt Hitech Firecrest ND filters - 2, 5, 10, 13 and 16 stops.
- Formatt Hitech ND Grad Hard Edge - 2 stop.
- Formatt Hitech ND Grad Soft Edge - 3 stop.
- Formatt Hitech Firecrest Polarizer.
- Sandisc SD Memory Cards - primarily 32GB but I have a range of 4/8/16GB sizes.
- EyeFi Mobi - rarely used now as I prefer to back up with RAWs to the 2nd SD slot.
Apps & Websites
- The Photographers Ephemeris - a great app that I find very useful when research new locations to photograph.
- Shuttersnitch - an app that I use in conjunction with the EyeFi Mobi card to enable the transfer of photographs to my iPad Mini whilst I am out in the middle of know where.
- LE Calculator - useful tool for checking long exposure times.
- DarkSky - a weather app.
- MetOffice - excellent for weather forecasts and as accurate as anyone else.
- Google Street View - particularly helpful in finding parking spaces.
- iMac 27" - upgraded to 32GB RAM (Crucial).
- iPad Mini 2 - purchased via the Apple Refurbished Store with 64GB.
- Macbook Air - my wife's laptop.
- Photoshop CS
- Lightroom CS
- Backblaze - an online backup solution which I have been using since December 2014.
- F-Stop Anja and a Small Pro ICU
- Lowepro Vertex 100 AW
- Kata LighTri-315 DL
- Squarespace - powers my website. It may not be free but I am delighted by the results and have no plans to change.